Title: Joseph Cornell Portfolio
Year of publication: 1976
Editor: Sandra Leonard Starr
Publisher: Leo Castelli Gallery
City: New York
Number of Pages: unnumbered
Barthelme's Contribution: Cornell: Prose-Poem
- Complex catalogue of a 1976 exhibition for this important American surrealist.
- Composed of loose sheets and stapled materials held in portfolio pockets.
- The entirety in marbled boards with cloth spine & ribbon ties.
- The edition was limited to 3000 copies.
- Includes 43 loose cards of duotone reproductions of Cornell's assemblies in the exhibition.
- Also includes commentary and remembrances by other artists and authors, some in facsimile form.
- Barthelme, Donald; Cornell: Prose-Poem
- Copely, Bill; Joseph Cornell
- Curtis, Tony; A Letter
- Hussey, Howard; L'Esprit Cornell
- Kent, Alegra; Joseph Cornell: A Reminiscence
- Levy, Julien; Joseph Cornell:
or Twelve Needles Dancing on the Point of an
- Mekas, Jonas; Notes on the Films of Joseph Cornell
- Motherwell, Robert; Preface to a Joseph Cornell Exhibition
- Namuth, Hans;
A photograph of Cornell taken in the garden at Utopia Parkway, 1969
- Cornell Bibliography and Portfolio-Catalogue
designed and edited by Sandra Leonard Starr.